WE NEED YOU!LEARN HOW TO HELP US RAISE FUNDS
Adrenal Insufficiency United is a nonprofit, tax exempt, 501(c)(3) founded in 2011.
AIU has relied on our many dedicated volunteers who have helped us to:
- Enact emergency protocols to treat adrenal insufficiency in many states and counties.
- Create support groups on FB with over 12,ooo combined members
- Pass legislation in Oregon to make sure children in K-12 schools will receive their emergency medication from school staff
- Use that Oregon bill to assist 4 states and counting to do the same
- Hold two patient conferences with a third planned for March of 2023
- Work with other nonprofits and research organizations to help raise awareness for adrenal insufficiency.
- Provide this website filled with helpful information and support documents which can be downloaded free of charge.
- Monthly meetings to share input and insight with researchers working on a gene therapy for CAH
- Hosting Zoom support meetings for parents and affected adults
What does it cost?
Our top ticket items are listed below.
In order to maintain our services and continue to meet the needs of the growing adrenal insufficient community we need to hire paid staff. Hiring the staff we need means we would to double or triple our income and meeting these goals may take a while. We know that many in our community are struggling to make ends meet and cannot give as much as they would like. On this page of our website we’ve listed many ways you can help, even if you may not have funds to contribute.
make a direct donation
Register to help
Charity Miles join team AIunited and earn money for charity. AIU is not on the list yet, but the bigger our team grows the better our chance to be added. Besides, it’s a great way to be motivated and moving!
VEBO Value Experiences Before Objects This unique wedding registry lets couples register for experiences! AIU will receive 5% when a couple chooses us as their cause.
Create an online fundraiser using one of AIU's Charity Accounts
Where else does my money go?
- Domain and Website hosting plus the themes and plug ins to make things like our Library work.
- Maintaining our AIU store and paying for our 3rd party shipping and designs.
- Fees to participate in EMS conferences or community events, we were recently at the EMS Expo in Orlando Florida working with Danny’s Dose.
- Assisting members in their AI awareness events by providing handouts and paying booth fees. Please contact us about your awareness events, we’d love to help.
- Stipends to cover cost for representatives of AIU to attend conferences and community events. Stipends are used for gas, lodging and meals. Those who attend do so on their own time as volunteers. Our members have gone to NORD and Global Genes Conferences.
- Providing free materials to EMS/ER directors, School Nurses, Endocrinologists, and other health care professionals
- Developing products and written forms/documents for member use.
- Planning events.